Date:      Wed, 2 Jul 2003 09:52:13 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Dan Phiffer <dphiffer@hmc.edu>
To:        <ipfw@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Stateful inspection

Hello,

I'm having some difficulty getting ipfw to work properly. I've been
messing with various incarnations of stateful packet inspection, but I've
found that SSH and FTP sessions tend to get off and long HTTP downloads
get interrupted. I read somewhere online that an otherwise stateless
firewall configuration becomes stateful when coupled with natd. To what
extent is this true?

Also, what is the deal with ipfw2? I'm running 4.8-STABLE - does this mean
I'm using ipfw or ipfw2?

Thanks for any help,
-Dan

.: ICQ 22573428 .:. AIM DanAtMudd .:. http://phiffer.com :.