Date:      Fri, 30 Mar 2001 20:07:22 -0500
From:      "Christian S." <cschreiber@netrail.net>
To:        "Rick Knebel" <rknebel@uplink.net>, <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: udp ports

try the following:

ipfw add deny udp from {outside} to {inside} 137,138

Really, however, you could prolly make it:

ipfw add deny udp from any to any 137,138

Since (If I'm not assuming too much here) that your FW will be
connected to a hub/switch, and from there to the LAN. You can specify
"from any to any", 'coz the LAN machines *shouldnt* touch the FW
interfaces at all, since they will all be communicating on the same
subnet..

...Of course, I could be high, but I *think* that's how it should
work.

Christian

"...we have only twice as many genes as a fruit fly, or roughly the
same number as an ear of corn, about 30,000."
Ergo, we are all corn.