Date:      Wed, 8 Nov 2000 17:15:09 +0100
From:      =?iso-8859-2?Q?Ivan_Debn=E1r?= <debnar@o-c.sk>
To:        <sos@freebsd.dk>
Cc:        <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>, <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   HPT370 RAID - booting

------=_NextPart_000_0014_01C049A7.72810CC0

I'm just looking at the disk partitions, and the first 63 sectors are by
default marked as unused. So is it really nescessary to have the ofset in
the ar driver for HPT?

I would prefer to have the requirement to not to use dangerously dedicated,
but be able to boot the drive and install on it as a normal one.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but in RAID1 it is essential to be able to take one
of the drives and boot from it almost as if it was singe simple disk.
How does the driver handles situation when there is one of the mirror drives
broken or missing ?

Is it possible to query the driver to check, if the drives are OK from the
userland ?

Ivan Debnár
Online Consulting, s.r.o.

tel.://+421 88 4146721
fax://+421 88 4142231
http://www.o-c.sk

------=_NextPart_000_0014_01C049A7.72810CC0

BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
N:Debn=E1r;Ivan
FN:Ivan Debn=E1r
ORG:Online Consulting, s.r.o.
TEL;WORK;VOICE:+421 (88) 4146721
TEL;HOME;VOICE:+421 (88) 4171223
TEL;CELL;VOICE:+421 (903) 506197
TEL;WORK;FAX:+421 (88) 4142231
ADR;WORK:;;Rudlovsk=E1 cesta 53;Bansk=E1 Bystrica;;974 01;Slovak =
Republic
LABEL;WORK;ENCODING=3DQUOTED-PRINTABLE:Rudlovsk=3DE1 cesta =
53=3D0D=3D0ABansk=3DE1 Bystrica 974 01=3D0D=3D0ASlovak Republic
BDAY:19770829
EMAIL;PREF;INTERNET:debnar@o-c.sk
REV:20000922T091913Z
END:VCARD