Date:      Sun, 29 Dec 1996 01:35:34 +0000 ()
From:      Nick Liu <nickliu@uniqsite.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Win95 to FreeBSD Direct Null Modem  Connection

I was able to establish a null modem connection between a Win95 PC and my
FreeBSD 2.1.5 server.  All problems had been ironed out for these parts.

But I still cannot make my Win95 machine connect to the Internet.  I mean,
the dial-up program just won't recognize Slirp.  I used to be able to run
Slirp from my ISP and it worked great.  I tried everything possible.  I
even added a direct connection modem using an .inf file from Well's
site (http://www.vt.edu:10021/K/kewells/net/index.html).  When I commanded
the DUN tools to connect, I saw the login screen, I entered the user name
and password and everything (including slirp), but the damn DUN scrren
stayed as if the connection was not established.

It could be an adventure but I just ran out my patience.  Can anyone help?

Please cc me.