Date:      Wed, 26 Jun 2002 11:28:28 -0400
From:      "Joseph Wright" <JWRIGHT@mbakercorp.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   DVD support with NVIDIA

I was wondering if it is possible to play dvd's on FreeBSD with an
"NVIDIA Riva Ultra Vanta TNT2" graphics card. I am not sure if programs
like xine and ogle that use open-gl will work with the nvidia.  I now
there has been a lot of developing on the nvidia drivers but I do not
know if this is working or not..

I tried xine and it would not work ending with an error:

vidio_out_opengl: no OpenGL support available (glxChooseVisual)
videowin_output: driver cannot select a working visual

The grpahics/xine port compiled perfectly and appeared to work but
fails on startup.

thanks

joe