Date:      Tue, 22 Oct 2002 10:03:39 +0200
From:      Danny Braniss <danny@cs.huji.ac.il>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: malloc

> Your code is not efficient; try this instead:
He, the code is not mine, and the programmer is being invited for
some coffee and indocrination.

The program showed at least two things, 1- the linux emulation ignores
the datasize limit, 2- is faster for this particular case of bad programing.

btw, the host has 4gb of main memory, so i don't think it swapped.
actually i just rebooted the machine with no swap to make sure.

I'm not passing judgement as to what is better - though im biased to *BSD -
but the fact is that i have some 1500 users, and some 600 computers, and
(i hope none of my users are reading this) the users are getting less
sophisticated - and when i get complains that it works on Linux, but not under
FreeBSD i try very hard to prove them wrong, but im loosing.

danny