Date:      Fri, 1 Jan 2010 16:13:15 +0000
From:      "N.J. Mann" <njm@njm.me.uk>
To:        Ian Smith <smithi@nimnet.asn.au>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cvsweb: src/UPDATING on RELENG_7

In message <20100102001608.X50666@sola.nimnet.asn.au>,
	Ian Smith (smithi@nimnet.asn.au) wrote:

> Thought I had a clue on using cvsweb, but seem to have mislaid it ..

I think cvsweb is a great tool.

> After updating 7.0-RELEASE to RELENG_7 sources on Dec 28, checking
> UPDATING before and during buildworld, went hunting on cvsweb for the
> very version of UPDATING I was reading, 1.507.2.34 of 2009/11/29.
>
> I can't find it, as such.  1.507 shows on MAIN, RELENG_7_BP, RELENG_7.
> Selecting only RELENG_7 just shows that single ver 1.507 of Oct'07.
>
> On a punt I manually entered 1.507.2.34 for a diff against 1.507 and
> that looks just right:
>
> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/UPDATING.diff?r1=text&tr1=1.507&r2=text&tr2=1.507.2.34
>
> But where would I look to find the log and view for 1.507.2.34 itself?

This seems to be an artifact of SRC commits now being made to a SVN repo
and the CVS repo being fed from that via svn2cvs - or whatever it is
called.  The latest non-X.Y revision I found listed by cvsweb was
1.73.2.96, which was before the project started using SVN.  With a
little digging I came up with the following URL for the SVN repro, but I
may not have got exactly what you are after:

http://svn.freebsd.org/viewvc/base/stable/7/UPDATING?r1=199901&r2=172506

Cheers,
       Nick.