Date:      Sun, 16 Feb 2003 22:02:02 +0000
From:      Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: hylafax / faxrcvd script / freebsd

On Sun, Feb 16, 2003 at 09:57:15PM +0100, Per olof Ljungmark wrote:

> If I knew how to pipe the output to a file when the script is running as
> called from Hylafax I could probably solve it, right now I can only do
> it separately from the command line...

Assuming it's a /bin/sh or work-alike script, add the following near
the top of the file:

    exec >/tmp/some-file-name 2>&1

That will redirect stdout and stderr of the script to the named file.
Each time the script executes, that file will be overwriten, so you
might want to change '>/tmp/some-file-name' to '>>/tmp/some-file-name'
to keep a cumulative log of all the script output.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

                                                      Savill Way