Date:      Sat, 8 Apr 2000 13:11:19 -0500
From:      "David J. Kanter" <djkanter@nwu.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: procmail/mutt

--zhXaljGHf11kAtnf

On Fri, Apr 07, 2000 at 03:43:04PM +0000, Brian K . Walters wrote:
> When I try to read the mail with mutt it says
> that ~/Mail/Inbox is not a mailbox. I did a make deinstall/reinstall of
> both procmail and mutt and I still get the same results.  Does anyone know
> what I might be doing wrong?

What does your procmail rule look like? I originally had one, which worked
with a Linux distribution, that had a / at the end of each mailbox. With
FreeBSD that didn't work; procmail thought it was a directory, not a file
(mailboxes are really just long files). Perhaps check that. Also, does your
directory structure even exist? Try mkdir ~/Mail, cd into it and then touch
Inbox. See if that helps. Maybe also try this line in your .muttrc: set
folder=3D~/Mail

> Also the statements for colors that I have defined in my ~/.muttrc are not
> being recognized. Mutt just starts up in mono with no error messages. It =
just
> seems to ignore the color directives.

You're using mutt in XWindows, right? If so I've probably got the answer:
you need a ~/.bashrc (assuming you're using bash) file. Login windows read
~/.profile, which is why export TERM=3Dxterm-color will give you a colorized
mutt login window. But for X you need to put that same line in a file called
=2Ebashrc. Then you'll be all set.

--=20
David Kanter
djkanter@nwu.edu