Date:      Sun, 13 Jan 2002 13:37:43 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Stan Brown" <stanb@panix.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org (Free BSD Questions list)
Subject:   System health mnitoring

I have a new machine that I'm installing FreeBSD STABLE on. In the BIOS I
can see various temps,voltages, & rpms. I want to be able to monitor these
at runtime.

I'v played around with the healthd port without much success. I'v added the
lines sugested in it's man page to the kernel conf, and rebuilt the kernel,
but I'm not getting most of the readings, and what ones I am getting are
wrong.

Here is what I beleive to be the approriate line from dmesg about the
appropriate hardware:

chip1: <VIA 82C686 ACPI interface> at device 7.4 on pci0

How can I make this work?

neither liberty nor safety."
						-- Benjamin Franklin