Date:      Sun, 9 Dec 2007 23:19:55 -0800
From:      Gary Kline <kline@tao.thought.org>
Subject:   Cannot write disk....

	People,

	I sent this update hours ago.  I had  a typo and it bounced.

----- Forwarded message from Mail Delivery Subsystem <MAILER-DAEMON@tao.thought.org> -----

	Maybe somebody can share some insights. k3b says that
	everything looks good, I can punch up the right places to
	read my DVD, but it  refuses to burn.  The first
	diagnostic says that /tmp/kde-k3d (?) didn't have enough
	room.  This after the DVD was already read, which seems
	a bit strange.. So I moved the tmp space to
	/usr/tmp/kde-k3b.
	Again, it read the entire disc but again refused to write
	my blank disc. The diagnostics indicated that dd was
	faulting.  So to be certain it wasn't a space issue I
	moved over to /storage/tmp/<> where I've got 93GB free.
	BZZZZT.  SAme thing.

	I've chowned cdrecord and cdrdao suid .  I understand
	octcal better than characters.  But I did a
	chmod u+s on both binaries.   If not right, what is thee
	character and the octal (please) to chmod a binary suid??

	I just build k9copy and will try it.  (i Have a few other
	questions related to this stuff, but first, I'd just like
	to get k3b working.)

	thanks,

	gary

	PS: the only new thing of note is that now k3b thinks my blank in
	"medium-sized" and asks me to insert a double.   I can't figure out
	if there is anyplace to do any more configs.   And my Memorex
	DVD-RW discs hold up to 360 minutes.   Nutshell, I'm wedged.  Or
	really, lost... .

--
  Gary Kline  kline@thought.org   www.thought.org  Public Service Unix