Date:      Sun, 26 Mar 2000 00:12:49 -0500
From:      Benjamin Bradley <adiosoop@bellsouth.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   question

My external modem is on com1 so naturally I would need cuaa0 but only
cuaa3 exists in /dev.  So I was told to ./MAKEDEV cuaa0, do I type
"/dev/./MAKEDEV cuaa0" at the prompt?  I am very new to UNIX and all of
its implementations and I know that dumb, ignorant questions like these
may upset you but I'm totally lost about this.  I am trying to connect
to my ISP via ppp and so when I am at the ppp prompt I type "dial" and I
get "warning: deflink: /dev/cuaa1: bad file decryptor."  Is there
anything you can help me on with this?  I appreciate your help.

Benjamin