Date:      Wed, 27 Dec 2006 18:31:04 +0300
From:      "Andrew N. Below" <defan@zenon.net>
To:        "Vivek Khera" <vivek@khera.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: aaccli on recent conrollers?

Hi Vivek and oths...

----- Original Message -----
From: "Vivek Khera" <vivek@khera.org>
To: "FreeBSD Stable" <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Sent: 10 ноября 2006 г. 19:42
Subject: aaccli on recent conrollers?

> I have just built a new SunFire X4100 server with an Adaptec 2230SLP
> RAID card using FreeBSD 6.2-PRE kernel (from September 20).
> Everything is working extremely well except I cannot run the aaccli
> utility on this controller. When I try to open the controller, it
> gives this error:
>
> Command Error: <The current AFAAPI.DLL is too old to work with the
> current controller software.>

The same error I get with Adaptec SATA RAID 2420S (aac0 controller
device, aacdX volume devices) with latest controller firmware.

I have just tried to install aacu.ko module from original Adaptec's
drivers, but still got no success:

aacu0: <Adaptec SATA RAID 2420SA> mem
0xb8a00000-0xb8bfffff,0xb8c00000-0xb8c00fff irq 24 at device 3.0 on pci6
aacu0: New comm. interface enabled
aacu0: Adaptec Raid Controller 2.0.7-1
aacdu0: <RAID 1 (Mirror)> on aacu0
aacdu0: 238289MB (488015872 sectors)
aacdu1: <Volume> on aacu0
aacdu1: 238289MB (488015872 sectors)

CLI > open aac0
Executing: open "aac0"
Command Error: The current AFAAPI.DLL is too old to work with the current
controller software.

Latest Adaptec drivers released at 25 Oct 2006, aaccli says "Copyright
1998-2002"...

Maybe someone already tried to contact Adaptec?

--
Andrew N. Below
Zenon N.S.P.