Date:      Wed, 5 May 1999 19:07:36 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Matthew N. Dodd" <winter@jurai.net>
To:        John Baldwin <jobaldwi@vt.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG, Dale Anderson <danderso@crystalsugar.com>, Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
Subject:   Re: PCWeek article by Anne Chen -- Comments

On Wed, 5 May 1999, John Baldwin wrote:
> I think his point (and I could be wrong) is that if an IT reads your
> message, they will be turned off.  Kernel hackers and other people may
> get your message perfectly fine, but you have to consider the entire
> scope of your audience.  If someone goes to their IT manager to
> request permission to setup a FreeBSD box, and then he/she happens to
> stumble across a quote like that while researching FreeBSD for some
> reason, then the manager may tell the employee no just out of spite.

Further reinforcing the notion that IT people are morons.

Its a vicious circle it is.

I suppose that if I stated that "all IT people had better not go jumping
off bridges if they know whats good for them." then the above IT person
would run out the the nearest bridge and commence to flinging themselves
from it out of spite.

If only my words carried such weight.

--
| Matthew N. Dodd  | 78 280Z | 75 164E | 84 245DL | FreeBSD/NetBSD/Sprite/VMS |
| winter@jurai.net |      This Space For Rent     | ix86,sparc,m68k,pmax,vax  |