Date:      Sat, 08 Apr 2000 20:05:57 GMT
From:      Salvo Bartolotta <bartequi@neomedia.it>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Trying to make release II

Dear FreeBSDers,

I tried to make a 3-STABLE Release this afternoon as per the
suggestions I had kindly received from the list (ie NO -j option).

Alas, this time I found the following errors:

=3D=3D=3D> lib/../secure/lib/libcrypt
cd /usr/src/secure/lib/libcrypt ; make install
DESTDIR=3D/R/stage/trees/des SHARED=3Dcopies
install -c -o root -g wheel -m 444   libdescrypt.a
/R/stage/trees/des/usr/lib
install: /R/stage/trees/des/usr/lib: No such file or directory
*** Error code 71

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src/release.

The fault seems to be caused by the crypto stuff. Incidentally, I last
downloaded the crypto sources (secure-cvs-supfile, form the "internat"
server) just this afternoon right before beginning to make release.

Has any of you met these errors ? What I missing now ?

Many thanks in advance for any tip and advice.

Best regards,
Salvo