Date:      Tue, 01 Mar 2011 15:01:34 +0100
From:      Jan Henrik Sylvester <me@janh.de>
To:        questions-list freebsd <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Wrong (000) UDF directory permissions with mkisofs

I have created a DVD image (on 8.2-RELEASE/amd64 using cdrtools-3.00_1) with

mkisofs -R -J -udf -iso-level 3 -V NAME -o FILE.iso DIR/

(as described in the handbook), all files in DIR/ have 644 permission,
all directories 755 permissions and all are owned by $USER:wheel.

When I mount the ISO-9660+Rockridge layout (mount_cd9660 -j), everything
is fine: The files have 444 permissions and the directories 555.

Mounting the UDF layout (mount_udf), all files have 444 permissions,
most (2795) directories have 555 permissions, but some (167) directories
have 000 permissions and cannot be accessed by non-root users.

What went wrong and how can I fix it?

(I need the UDF layout, since some file names are truncated in the
Joliet layout and the DVD will be used on Windows.)

Cheers,
Jan Henrik