Date:      Sun, 7 Jul 1996 13:10:56 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Ron G. Minnich" <rminnich@Sarnoff.COM>
To:        hardware@freebsd.org
Cc:        bsdi-users@bsdi.com
Subject:   cable modems

amusing stories abound for the bi-directional cable modem trials. Best one
so far is the guy who was using his cable to run power to his tv set.
needless to say cable companies will have a bit of work to do before they
turn on bidirectional cable for real! It will be a while before this type
of problem is resolved.

But, don't knock uni-directional techniques. I've
been using DirecPC off and on and boy is that download speed nice. I can
live with an asymmetric world for a while.

ron

Ron Minnich                |"Inferno runs on MIPS ..., Intel ..., and AMD's
rminnich@sarnoff.com       |29-kilobit-per-second chip-based architectures ..."
(609)-734-3120             |  Comm. week, may 13, pg. 4.
ftp://ftp.sarnoff.com/pub/mnfs/www/docs/cluster.html