Date:      Mon, 24 Apr 2000 06:01:37 +0100
From:      "Andy Coates" <webmaster@friends-tv.net>
To:        <cjclark@home.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Modem Problems

----- Original Message -----
From: "Crist J. Clark" <cjc@cc942873-a.ewndsr1.nj.home.com>
To: "Andy Coates" <webmaster@friends-tv.net>
Cc: <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Sent: Monday, April 24, 2000 5:52 AM

> On Mon, Apr 24, 2000 at 05:47:17AM +0100, Andy Coates wrote:

I have 2 serial ports on board - COM1 and COM2, and my internal modem is
supposed to be set to COM3. Looking at my kernel I haven't enabled COM3 and
COM4 it seems (I hadn't planned on using a modem on the last build).

So i've rebuilt my kernel and sio3 etc show up on bootup! I linked modem to
/dev/cuaa2 and tried minicom. Hey presto it worked!!!!

Thanks for pushing me in the right direction for the kernel config, I guess
before when it "looked" like it was initialising before it was actually
probing the mouse port or something...DOH

Cheers,
Andy.