Date:      Tue, 13 Oct 2015 14:16:43 +0100
From:      Matthew Seaman <matthew@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: What happened to the paraview pkg ?

--bXRfnC9oUcPaLc9C0PHnV7ICdXUw0Om0T

On 2015/10/13 13:55, William A. Mahaffey III wrote:
> The pkg is no longer available as of yesterday. It was unceremoniously
> de-installed during the 'pkg upgrade -y', w/ no reasons given. I still
> have it in my ports tree, but I usually use pkg exclusively for package=

> maintanance, with the solitary exception of flash support. I could
> obviously recreate paraview from the ports tree, but I was curious why
> it got deleted from the pkg-repo.

This usually just means the package failed to build in the latest pkg
build run.  This can be for all sorts of reasons, including stuff like a
dependency failing to build.

Your best bet is to wait for a couple of hours or days until the ports
get updated (and the next build run gets published if you're using
generic packages) and try again.  Unless you'ld like to try digging into
the reasons why paraview didn't get built and submit a fix, which you
would be most welcome to have a go at.  (Beware: therein starts the
slippery slope towards getting a commit bit...)

Of course, if you're running your own poudriere, and the build is
failing there but not on the FreeBSD pkg cluster, then you're going to
need to work out what's wrong yourself.  Frequently this comes down to
some customized set of options not behaving properly, and you can work
around it by changing options settings.

	Cheers,

	Matthew