Date:      Mon, 23 Nov 1998 01:03:26 -0600
From:      Frank Pawlak <fpawlak@execpc.com>
To:        Ken <kmoak@gte.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Information

On Mon, Nov 23, 1998 at 12:29:10AM -0600, Ken wrote:
> I teach in the Computer Science department at  Tarrant County Jr. College in
> Fort Worth, TX  I am considering replacing our SCO Unix with using either
> FreeBSD or Linux for our introductory course in Unix.  Any recommendations,
> advantages of FreeBSD over Linux, books etc.
>
> Any information would be appreciated
>
> Ken Moak
> Associate Professor CSC
> Kmoak@tcjc.cc.tx.us

While this may not be a comparison of Linux and FreeBSD, I can tell you
that the Computer Science Department  at The University of
Wisconsin-Milwaukee is using FreeBSD and the book "The Complete FreeBSD"
by Greg Lehey for an operating systems course.  Not sure if they are using
any texts besides The Complete FreeBSD, but you may want to check it out.
The book is excellent and FreeBSD is an old standard version of UNIX, so
it appears to be a great teaching platform.

Hope that this helps.

Frank