Date:      Thu, 27 Sep 2007 15:19:35 +0200
From:      Remko Lodder <remko@elvandar.org>
To:        Giulio Ferro <auryn@zirakzigil.org>
Cc:        "Sam Fourman Jr." <sfourman@gmail.com>, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, Alastair Hogge <agh@tpg.com.au>
Subject:   Re: Nvidia amd64

On Thu, Sep 27, 2007 at 03:07:42PM +0200, Giulio Ferro wrote:

> >> I sort of surmised that already...
> >>

> >> So, we are still years away from seeing a working nvidia driver,
> >> by the look of it...
> >>

> > I guess what I am confused about, is there someone actively working on
> > the Nvidia requests, or does a capable individual need to take the
> > lead on this project?
> >

>  And that's exactly what I'd very much like to know...

>From what I know and what I can see; there is nobody actively working in
this region to get the things fixed to get this far. Ofcourse like rsync.net
you are free to sponsor these items if they are really important to you,
without that, do notice that people do this in their own free time, which
could either take some time before it's there, or might not be interesting
enough to work on currently (because of other things at work, private life
other code etc).

It's not a matter of a capable individual taking the lead, it's a matter
of having someone capable enough working on this for some time, which can
be achieved by sponsoring that capable person for example.

Cheers
remko
--
Kind regards,