Date:      Sun, 21 Dec 2003 06:34:38 +0100
From:      Harald Schmalzbauer <h@schmalzbauer.de>
To:        "Drew Robertson" <the_brothel@hotmail.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD as dial up server...

--Boundary-02=_0DT5/h94LRrLlbJ

On Sunday 21 December 2003 03:52, Drew Robertson wrote:
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Would you happen to know if setting up the FreeBSD box as a DNS server
> would allow network browsing over the PPP link???

No. DNS doesn't help in this situation. But anyhow, DNS is reqired for Samb=
a=20
to act as WINS server which could help. Can't remember exactly if wins itse=
lf=20
was enough to enable dial-up browsing.
I did the broadcast bimap with ipf (Darren Reeds IPFilter) (like "bimap tun=
0=20
192.168.1.255/32 -> 192.168.0.255/32" for ipnat.conf)

=2DHarry