Date:      Wed, 15 Dec 1999 09:48:04 -0800
From:      "Michael Bryan" <fbsd-security@ursine.com>
To:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: CERT released RSAREF bulletin

On 12/15/99 at 5:01 AM Chris Johnson wrote:

>Of these, I'm using OpenSSH, openssl, and pipsecd. It seems to me that all=
 of
>these link rsaref dynamically, and that therefore I should need only to=
 rebuild
>rsaref to ensure my safety. Can someone say definitively whether this is=
 the
>case?

If they link rsaref dynamically, yes, you just need to rebuild the library.
Use "ldd" on any executable to see what libraries it loads dynamically.

>And if so, why do I keep seeing these messages telling me I need to
>rebuild anything that depends on the rsaref port? Also, was the fix that=
 was
>applied to the ssh port also applied to the OpenSSH port?

The fix applied to the ssh port did not need to be applied to OpenSSH.
The same problem did not exist in OpenSSH.

Michael Bryan
fbsd-security@ursine.com