Date:      Wed, 21 Feb 2007 11:55:45 -0500
From:      Martin Turgeon <turgeon.martin@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-bugs@freebsd.org,  freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Strange /etc/rc.d/netif behaviour

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is really a bug but it doesn't look all fine to me.
When I do a /etc/rc.d/netif restart it does restart the network
interfaces but doesn't replace the default route that it just erased
even if it is specified in rc.conf correctly. I found that I should also
restart routed but it looks strange to me. I know that the /etc/netstart
script did it all but it's written in it that it's obsolete so I don't
want to use it.

So, is this normal and if so what is the best way to restart both a the
same time.

Thanks

Martin