Date:      Sat, 25 Mar 2000 21:48:18 -0600
From:      David Kanter <djkanter@nwu.edu>
To:        FreeBSD questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Question on updating a port

How do I interpret the cvsup log file to determine whether a newer version
of an installed port is available?

For instance, I've got kdevelop 1.1 installed, but having just run cvsup on
the ports branch gives this:

Edit ports/devel/kdevelop/Makefile
  Add delta 1.7 2000.03.24.07.26.15 mharo

If the Makefile version has changed, does that mean the program has changed
as well? The Makefile says the version of kdevelope is 1.1, which is what
I've got installed.

--
David Kanter
djkanter@nwu.edu