Date:      Thu, 25 Jan 2001 19:20:03 -0800
From:      "Irma E. Cramins" <irma.cramins@gte.net>
To:        "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   PS/1 boot problem...

I have installed FreeBSD 3.4 on an IBM PS/1 Expert for a project I am
working on (I know, it's old, but I figured it would run FreeBSD).  The
installation was performed over NFS successfully but the machine will lock
up after the timer for boot options hits 0 and the machine attempts to
start.  I have ruled out RAM as a possiblity.  The machine has a 486/33
processor and 16MB of RAM, a 3Com509 NIC and a SVGA(?) display adapter.
 The installation works fine, it boots from the floppy, mfsroot.flp loads
fine, I can install over my lan without a hitch, but when I reboot, it
won't load.  Furthermore, it does not display any error messages as to what
the problem is.  I installed Linux Slackware 7.1, which does run, but would
rather stick with FreeBSD as that is what I am running on the rest of my
machines.  Any clues here?  I tried booting with the option "-d" to no
avail.

					Thankx