Date:      Sun, 19 Mar 2000 22:12:42 +0000 (GMT)
From:      David Banning <tracker@worldy.com>
To:        cjclark@home.com
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Error on make world 3.1 to 3.4

> I believe there is some trouble with your,
>
>   /usr/X11R6/lib/libX11.a

Yes you are probably right - I was installing a (what I thought
would be a small) program called emu - a terminal emulator with extra
features - it started pulling in 6 or 7 hours worth of dialup ftp's and
processing.

I halted that in the middle not realizing it probably was modifying some
of my X libraries (it's seems to do a 3.3.6 related fix of my Xfree86
3.3.3)

Once I re-started the emu make, and let it finish, all was fine.

Thanks for all you help Crist.