Date:      Sun, 28 Jun 1998 11:24:49 +1000 (EST)
From:      Carey Nairn <cpn@dpac.tas.gov.au>
To:        Berend de Boer <berend@pobox.com>
Cc:        "'malte@webmore.com'" <malte@webmore.com>, "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Parental control software/lists for FreeBSD

If you are using squid as a www proxy server you might like to have a look
at redirector as a possible method of blocking these sites in conjunction
with ipfw to force the machines on the LAN to use www via the proxy.
I have used this several times before in schools and never had any
problems.

You can get to redirector from the squid site http://squid.nlanr.net/squid

cheers,
Carey Nairn