Date:      Fri, 9 Feb 2001 19:59:56 -0500
From:      Chris Johnson <cjohnson@palomine.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Upgrade kit for 3.5-STABLE

On a not-terribly-recent 3.5 box that I have, I get the following when I try to
build any port:

"Your system is too old to use this bsd.port.mk. You need a fresh make world or
an upgrade kit. Please go to http://www.FreeBSD.org/ports/ or a mirror site and
follow the instructions."

So I go to http://www.FreeBSD.org/ports/ and find the following:

3.3 or 3.4 to 3-STABLE upgrade kit
       For users of 3.3/3.4-RELEASE or 3.4-STABLE after 3.4-RELEASE

There's no upgrade kit that specifically says that it's for 3.5-STABLE. Is the
above what I want, or do I need to do something else altogether? (Updating to a
later 3.5-STABLE or 4.2-STABLE is not an option just yet; this box is a
thousand miles from me, and though I've done lots of upgrades over a network,
it's a tad risky.)

I understand the change in the layout of the ports tree, and this seems to be a
different issue.

Chris Johnson