Date:      Sun, 10 Feb 2002 20:37:54 -0800
From:      "Jeff Shevlen" <jshevlen@passedpawn.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, "Len Conrad" <LConrad@Go2France.com>
Subject:   Re: DNS in sandbox

: Try bind9, it's much each to chroot.  check the ARM doc for how to
do it.
:
: pkg_add -r bind
:
: will add bind 9.2
:

Thanks Len,

I checked out the ARM and chroot'ing bind looks a lot less complicated
in v9.  I have still 2 questions though:

(1) pkg_add -r bind ... installs bind-8.3.0 unfortunately.  Does the
ports version of bind9 - 9.1.3 - implement chroot in the same way as
9.2?  Or is there another way for me to download and install 9.2
within the ports or packages frameworks?

(2) The ARM mentions that some OS's may need to shuffle some files in
under the etc/named directory.  Have you had to do this in FBSD?

"Unlike with earlier versions of BIND, you will typically not need to
compile named statically nor install
shared libraries under the new root. However, depending on your
operating system, you may need to set
up things like /dev/zero, /dev/random, /dev/log, and/or
/etc/localtime."