Date:      Fri, 18 Feb 2000 01:09:10 -0500
From:      Matt Heckaman <matt@ARPA.MAIL.NET>
To:        "Jeffrey J. Mountin" <jeff-ml@mountin.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD-STABLE <stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: xl0 packet dropping, still

Hi,

I'm using 3c905b-TX NICs in 4 servers here, all intels ranging from a beat
up p133 doing DNS, to a pII and a couple celerons doing various tasks.
These are interconnected via a Cisco 1548M, etc. I personally, have had
nothing but good expierence with these cards, I find it strange that this
many people are.

Personally, I've always held 3com cards in high regard. For example, my
friend's company which runs a wide array of intel servers, netfinities
and whatnot, use strictly those 3com cards, I haven't heard of them having
any problems either.

I /have/ however, seen an Intel Etherexpress Pro 10/100 give a machine
that I work with (FreeBSD) numerous problems upon problems for a while,
it's interesting how both sides of the fence have the opposite problems.

Matt
--
Matt Heckaman [matt@arpa.mail.net|matt@relic.net] [Please do not send me]