Date:      Thu, 27 Nov 2003 12:25:29 +0100
From:      Gary Jennejohn <garyj@jennejohn.org>
To:        Eduard Martinescu <martines@rochester.rr.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [Fwd: TWE driver IOCTL's]

Eduard Martinescu writes:
> Tried this on current, but no responses...maybe some one here has some ideas?
>
> Hello,
>
> I looking to extend the smartmontools support
> (/usr/ports/sysutils/smartmontools) to include support for drives behind
> a TWE device.
>
> I looked at the source for the TWE driver, and it seems to support what
> I need....not sure yet, as the linux version use the ATA Passthru
> IOCTL.  At any rate, there does not appear to be any twe.h include files
> installed into /usr/include anywhere for my program to be able to pick
> the correct definitions.  Is this just an oversight? Or did I miss
> something?

Looks like an oversight. It seems that /sys/dev/twe/tweio.h should get
installed into /usr/include/sys. Maybe /sys/dev/twe/twereg.h too, since
that's where TWE_Command is defined, although not everything in there
seems like it should be visible to the user.

---
Gary Jennejohn / garyj[at]jennejohn.org gj[at]freebsd.org gj[at]denx.de