Date:      Sat, 23 Sep 2000 09:50:27 +0400
From:      Igor Roboul <igor@raduga.dyndns.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: netscape, 3 term windows,!!

On Sat, Sep 23, 2000 at 04:58:41AM +0000, Dead Line wrote:
> 2- when I do # startx  it will go X window but I can see nothing but
>      3 term windows! Is that how FreeBSD windows will look ? normally?
>      Or I have something not working?
>      I installed some of KDE desktop stuff, but I still can see
>      nothing but these 3 term Windows, what I shall do please!
add to your .xinitrc:
startkde

If you don't have .xinitrc in your home directory, then create it
and make executable "chmod 755 .xinitrc" at shell prompt.

Also, I dont recomend you work as "root" (and launch netscape)
Login as ordinary user.

--
Igor Roboul, Unix System Administrator & Programmer @ sanatorium "Raduga",
Sochi, Russia