Date:      Sun, 26 Mar 2000 08:10:08 SAST
From:      "David Ellefsen" <titan098@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Some Questions

To Whom it may concern

I have a few questions concering manly NAMED, SENDMAIL and APACHE.

1) For NAMED and SENDMAIL - I set my hostname in the rc.conf file and then
run make-localhost to creat the localhost.rev file. then i run 'named' and
it runs fine. then i set it to run at startup in the rc.conf file and the
startup script hangs just after sendmail is started.

2) for APACHE - I cannot for the life of me get the APACHE webserver setup
properly, I always get the error message "Cannot determine host name. Use
ServerName directive to set it manually." i even get this after i conf the
httpd.conf file

Could you please help me with these problems. thanks.