Date:      Tue, 13 Apr 2004 14:47:40 +0200
From:      Nicolas Rachinsky <list@rachinsky.de>
To:        Garance A Drosihn <drosih@rpi.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Second "RFC" on pkg-data idea for ports

* Garance A Drosihn <drosih@rpi.edu> [2004-04-12 23:40 -0400]:
> subset of the idea.  For instance, we might start out by just
> collapsing the distinfo, pkg-plist, and "files/patches-*" files
> into a pkg-data file, and leave the other files for some later
> project.

Right now it's quite easy to throw local patches just into the files
directory without getting any problems with cvs (no conflicts). You
can even use symlinks (I do), so you won't delete your patches if you
forget to store them anywhere else if you recreate your ports tree
(after messing it up for example).

Nicolas