Date:      Sat, 22 Jul 2000 22:27:13 -0400
From:      Neill Robins <freebsd@nc.rr.com>
To:        "R. D. Davis" <rdd@smart.net>
Cc:        Josh Paetzel <jpaetzel@hutchtel.net>, Anthony Rubin <arubin@concentric.net>, "Matthew N. Dodd" <winter@jurai.net>, "Lawrence Cotnam Jr." <larry@pkunk.net>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, <freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Legacy Device Support (Was RE: No help...)

RDD> If no one is supporting these tape drives, which were formerly
RDD> supported, and support for other devices is discontinued, could
RDD> someone please make this obvious on the WWW pages so that people don't
RDD> waste their money on CDs that are useless to them?

Something must be wrong, because according to:
ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/i386/4.0-RELEASE/HARDWARE.TXT

"With all supported SCSI controllers, full support is provided for
SCSI-I & SCSI-II peripherals, including hard disks, optical disks,
tape drives (including DAT and 8mm Exabyte), medium changers, processor
target devices and CDROM drives.  WORM devices that support CDROM commands
are supported for read-only access by the CDROM driver.  WORM/CD-R/CD-RW
writing support is provided by cdrecord, which is in the ports tree."

Best regards,
Neill
freebsd@nc.rr.com