Date:      Thu, 26 Jul 2001 16:56:46 -0500
From:      Noah Dunker <ndunker@jccc.net>
To:        'J' <dude@shell.schulte.org>, Jonathan Chen <jonathan.chen@itouch.co.nz>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: DHCP client IP

I hacked a script called "setip" I found on freshmeat.  It's meant for ppp
dialups.

This works fine.  put it in Cron to run every 5 minutes.

make sure your .netrc file has the FTP information to FTP in with your
username and password.

yes, it's really a hacked kludge, but it works for me!

#!/usr/local/bin/bash
if [ `ifconfig ep0 | wc -l ` -gt 1 ]
then
if [ "`cat ~/.ipaddr`" != "`ifconfig ep0`" ]
then
date > ~/.ip.dat
ifconfig tun0 >> ~/.ip.dat
ifconfig tun0 > ~/.ipaddr
ftp host.mydomain.com << EOTEXT > /dev/null
lcd /home/myaccount
cd /home/myaccount/public_html
put .ip.dat ip.html
EOTEXT