Date:      Sat, 05 Nov 2005 11:42:20 +0100
From:      Alex de Kruijff <freebsd@akruijff.dds.nl>
To:        alicornio <alicornio@ig.com.br>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problems on start of my system

On Sat, Nov 05, 2005 at 02:02:49AM -0200, alicornio wrote:
> I have a problem on start of my system, appear this mesage:
>
> Staring file system checks:
> /dev/ad0s1a: 1304 files, 18242 used, 300053 free (1149 frags, 37363 blocks,
> 0.4% fragmentation)
> /dev/ad0s1g: DEFER FOR BACKGROUND CHECKING
> /dev/ad0s1f: DEFER FOR BACKGROUND CHECKING
> /dev/ad0s1d: DEFER FOR BACKGROUND CHECKING
> /dev/ad0s1e: FILE SYSTEM CLEAN; SKIPPING CHECKS
> /dev/ad0s1e: clean, 57112 free (40 frags, 7134 bloks, 0,1% fragmentation)
> WARNING: /home was not properly dismounted
> ad0: FAILURE - READ-DMA status=51<READ,DSC,ERROR> ERROR=40<UNCORRECTABLE>
> LBA=2398527
> mount: /dev/ad0s1: input/output error
> WARNING: /usr was not properly dismounted
> WARNING: /var was not properly dismounted
> mounting /etc/fstab filesystems failed, start up aborted
> ad0: FAILURE - READ-DMA status=51<READ,DSC,ERROR> ERROR=40<UNCORRECTABLE>
> LBA=2191743
> boot interruped
> enter full pathname of shell or return for /bin/sh:
>
> I type something and the system reboot after this mesages:
>
> panic: vrele: negative refe cnt
> cannot dump: no dump device defined
>
> Someone can help me whith this problem? what?s happenig? how i can solve
> this?

It seems your system is not able to mount certain filesystems as stated
in fstabs. You could try /sbin/fsck -y (say yes to everything) afther
you enter the shell. Also check /etc/fstabs to see if it contains
errors.

--
Alex

Please copy the original recipients, otherwise I may not read your reply.

Howto's based on my ppersonal use, including information about
setting up a firewall and creating traffic graphs with MRTG
http://www.kruijff.org/alex/FreeBSD/