Date:      Wed, 13 Feb 2002 19:41:42 -0600
From:      Scott Bolte <listS+freebsd-security@niss.com>
To:        Nick Cleaton <nick@cleaton.net>
Cc:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: sharing directories between jails

On Wed, 13 Feb 2002 23:52:48 +0000, Nick Cleaton wrote:

> You can do it with mount_null(8).

	This is an excerpt from the mount_null manual page on 4.4.

| BUGS
|    THIS FILESYSTEM TYPE IS NOT YET FULLY SUPPORTED (READ: IT DOESN'T WORK)
|    AND USING IT MAY, IN FACT, DESTROY DATA ON YOUR SYSTEM.  USE AT YOUR OWN
|    RISK.  BEWARE OF DOG.  SLIPPERY WHEN WET.
|
|    This code also needs an owner in order to be less dangerous - serious
|    hackers can apply by sending mail to hackers@freebsd.org and announcing
|    their intent to take it over.

	I've read the 4.5 release notes but I don't recall anything
	with regard to the null file system.  Has there been a
	quiet improvement, is the warning overblown, or is this
	really a risky idea?

	I'd much rather use a working mount_null then an NFS mount
	from localhost - which is what I am doing now.

		Scott