Date:      07 Jun 2002 23:22:32 +0100
From:      "S. Roberts" <sroberts@dsl.pipex.com>
To:        Colin Bloch <colin@grandecom.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD-Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Happened again , please disregard earlier reply!

--=-osu2edLDCDgGbm8AWjPy

Hi Colin,
   After sending my reply to you earlier, I decided to check my acrobat
reader apps, and found that they were broken again:

# acroread4
Warning: locale not supported by Xlib, locale set to C
Warning: X locale modifiers not supported, using default
Fatal System Error: Raise at top of Exception Stack
Abort (core dumped)
# acroread
Warning: locale not supported by Xlib, locale set to C
Warning: X locale modifiers not supported, using default
Fatal System Error: Raise at top of Exception Stack
Abort (core dumped)
#=20

As you mentioned in your case, I also cvsup'd my  ports tree tonight -
so it appears that cvsup'ing breaks linux-base-6.1.1 repeatedly. I've
cc'd freebsd-questions in the hope that one the cleverer folks might
take heed of this.

Stacey

On Fri, 2002-06-07 at 22:51, Colin Bloch wrote:
>  > I had a perfectly working acrobat reader installation up until I
>  > cvsup'd my ports tree today. When I try running acroread4, here
what I
>=20
> So did I, but I also upgraded my linux emulation to 7.1 (from
> 6.x, whatever it was prior) and AFAIK, acroread4 is the linux
> version.  This, I think is whats broken (none of my linux apps
> appear to be working correctly)
>=20
> I installed /usr/ports/graphics/xpdf and it works fine.
>=20
> Sorry not to post a follow-up, but I was googling when I found
> your post & am not registered there to post a response.  If you
> have found a workaround to your own problem, I'm all ears :)
>=20
> CAB
>=20
> --=20
> Colin Anthony Bloch           Grande Communications
> Sr. System Administrator      512-878-5471
>=20
--=20
--=20
Stacey Roberts B.Sc. (HONS) Computer Science
Network Systems Engineer