Date:      Fri, 15 Sep 2000 11:02:42 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "Jason L. Schwab" <jlschwab@simphost.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   S/Key (FBSD-3.5-S)

Hey ;)

	I am trying to get S/Key system to work on my
FreeBSD 3.5-STABLE machine. I read the manpages for
keyinit, sky, key, etc. - and I read the skey.html
file on www.freebsd.org., so I have RTFM...

I run "keyinit", asks for a new pass phrase,
I give it one twice, it generates the key
and gives me the ky # and etc. just fine.

I telnet to the machine, type in my username
it says s/key () ()... and I hit enter to
make sure I am typing it tight, and which
I am and verified 10 times. No matter
what, I get Login Incorrect.

I noitced on OpenBSD Systems, (2.6)
That you had to run "skey on username"
before that user could use skey, even
tho I already get the s/key request
at the login prompt.

Any ideas would be greatful,
Thanks!

Also, Is there a way in FreeBSD 3.5-S, to
make an account only accesable from certain
IP Blocks? (or hostnames)? thanks again!

-
Jason L. Schwab <jlschwab@simphost.com>
CEO / Unix System Administrator
Simple Hosting Solutions