Date:      Sat, 16 Oct 1999 20:28:43 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Matt Behrens <matt@zigg.com>
To:        Garrett Wollman <wollman@khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu>
Cc:        Cy Schubert - ITSD Open Systems Group <Cy.Schubert@uumail.gov.bc.ca>, James Wyatt <jwyatt@rwsystems.net>, Greg Lewis <glewis@trc.adelaide.edu.au>, freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeSSH

On Sat, 16 Oct 1999, Garrett Wollman wrote:

: The right thing to point out to them is that it would cost more in
: people's valuable time to do this and the disk space does (at $0.02/MB
: and dropping rapidly).
:
: There's a much better argument for segmenting out parts of the system
: which are intended to be ``field-replaceable units''.

I don't think it's necessarily out of the concern of disk space.
I for one would rather just not have things on my system that I
don't use or possibly even understand (such as UUCP).  It's part
of the minimalist philosophy -- the less there is, the less can go
wrong.

That said, it may not be worth anyone's time still on the team,
but perhaps through our discussion someone with appropriate knowledge
might become interested enough to try to implement it themselves.
I don't think by the sheer virtue of discussion we are demanding
it be done :-)

Matt Behrens <matt@zigg.com>
Owner/Administrator, zigg.com
Chief Engineer, Nameless IRC Network