Date:      Sun, 23 Jul 2000 00:02:22 -0400
From:      David Banning <David@www3.pacific-pages.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   What kind of ISP/connection am I looking for?

Here's the situation;

For a small 7 person company,
I want to install a php-mysql system for taking orders, keeping
track of sales, etc.
Onsite speed would have to be fast, but when connected though the
web - slow is fine.

We don't want to spend alot of money on the ISP.  I see companies
advertising $400 - $1500 per month for a fast connection.

I'm wondering;

Is there a low-cost way to have the server on-site but still be able to
access from the web?

Alternatively - maybe we could have the company database on the ISP
site if we could get a low-cost-high-speed connection that would be
fast enough for staff to enter orders.