Date:      Wed, 3 May 1995 19:26:25 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Neal Westfall <nwestfal@orion.csci.csusb.edu>
To:        Wayne Hernandez <hernanw@FSL.ORST.EDU>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: shell script for compiling ports

On ftp.cdrom.com, just cd to ports dir and type "get port.tar.gz", where
port is a directory.  It will tar up and gzip it for you before sending.

On Wed, 3 May 1995, Wayne Hernandez wrote:

> I was wondering if anybody has a script for automatically ftp'ing the necessary
> files for a given port.  I find I have to make several directories in the
> process of getting a port.
>
> Otherwise, what can I do to easily get the ports downloaded?  The ports seem to
> not need much room until they ftp the file needed for the actual make.
>
> Wayne

Neal Westfall                            nwestfal@csci.csusb.edu

FreeBSD 2.0-BUILT-19950503 #0: Wed May  3 11:08:38 PDT 1995
    root@darkside.csci.csusb.edu:/usr/src/sys/compile/DARKSIDE