Date:      Thu, 25 Jan 2001 23:26:21 -0500
From:      Tom Parquette <tparquet@twcny.rr.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   CVS deleting ports?

Please CC me on any replies.  TIA.

I'm trying to keep everying on my 4.2-STABLE system failry up to date.
I have something going on with the ports that I do not understand.

I've RTFM but I'm fuzzy on CVS and I'm more or less just following the
instructions.  (Sorry Greg, your CVS section didn't help me either.)

When I manually add the files to the ports directory (all that seems to
exist is an HTML file) I can build the port.  The latest one is
etherboot that I'm playing with.

The problem that I do not understand is, when I do the next CVS run, it
seems to delete everything I just added to the /usr/ports.... directory.

I've transcribed my supfile below.  My undetstanding was cvs-all would
bring down "everything" (including the ports.)
Any helo would be appreciated since I would not even call my self a CVS
novice.
Cheers...

# usr/src/hercules-supfile
*default host=cvsup3.freebsd.org
*default base=/usr
*default prefix=/usr
*default release=cvs tag=RELENG_4
*default delete use-rel-suffix
*default compress
cvs-all

--
Try not.  Do or do not.  Is no try. -- Yoda