Date:      Wed, 15 Dec 1999 11:16:03 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Chris Johnson <cjohnson@palomine.net>
Cc:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: CERT released RSAREF bulletin

In message <19991215050149.A3602@palomine.net> Chris Johnson writes:
: Of these, I'm using OpenSSH, openssl, and pipsecd. It seems to me that all of
: these link rsaref dynamically, and that therefore I should need only to rebuild
: rsaref to ensure my safety. Can someone say definitively whether this is the
: case? And if so, why do I keep seeing these messages telling me I need to
: rebuild anything that depends on the rsaref port? Also, was the fix that was
: applied to the ssh port also applied to the OpenSSH port?

I listed all the ports that used the rsaref port as ones to rebuild.
It is the only way to be sure, even though not all ports that use it
are vulnerable.

Warner