Date:      Fri, 31 Jul 1998 00:18:04 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@plutotech.com>
To:        ckempf@enigami.com (Cory Kempf)
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: camlib.h bugs

Cory Kempf wrote...
> camlib.h is missing the lines
>
> __BEGIN_DECLS
> __END_DECLS
>
> around the functions declared therein.  Spot checks show that other .h
> files are likewising missing these macros.
>
> Without these macros, the files won't link when called from C++.
>
> If you look in other include files (e.g. stdio.h), these macros are
> present.

	It's an oversight.  I'll add them in.

> cam_open_device accepts flags for its second parameter.  It would be
> nice if camlib.h included fcntl.h where these flags are defined.

	scsi_open() in the old SCSI userland code takes the same kind of
flags, and doesn't include fcntl.h.  (although that in and of itself isn't
a reason not to do it)  I suppose it's assumed that if you want the
O_RDONLY or O_RDWR flags, you'll need to include the file that defines them.

Ken
--
Kenneth Merry
ken@plutotech.com