Date:      Wed, 05 May 1999 19:15:30 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
To:        Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PCWeek article by Anne Chen -- Comments

> Easily said by someone who's PAID to work on FreeBSD.

I've never made any secret of the fact that WC pays my salary and
pulling it out to defend your argument only shows how tenuous your
position in this whole sorry argument is.

I mean c'mon, let's be honest about basic Brett Glass 101 here: It's
*always* been your pattern to cop-out when actual action is called
for, attacking whatever random issue you can manage to snag out of the
air in hopes of changing the subject, and this is no different.  The
number of people who have contributed effective advocacy for free
makes the question of who's paid and who's not irrelevant to this
discussion and it's almost as ridiculous as your frequent assertion
that "everything people have been doing is obviously ineffective
because Linux is willing", a highly defeatist argument which is both
insulting to the current advocates and seriously unlikely to bring any
new ones to the table, also making a mockery of your claims of wanting
to help the project's advocacy program.  Oh, but what a profitless
exercise to attempt to point *this* out to you!  The screams and
denunciations!  You're the guy yelling loudly, as he retreats from the
fight, about how effective and brave he fighter is and anyone who says
otherwise is just a big liar.  You just can't argue with this guy
about what a shmuck he is, so deep is is own self-delusion, and they
usually have him typecast in all good chinese martial arts comedy
movies, wearing big teeth and hiding behind his buddy who can actually
fight (and who gets to end all the fights this wacky guy starts).
Maybe this is funny for a non-western audience, but I've never found
it very funny in these movies and I don't find you very funny for the
same reason. :-)

> We're down to 2 guys because the sergeant shot the rest. Shooting

So far as I've seen, I've only shot down one or two guys who'd gone
totally battle crazy and were as much a danger to their own men as to
the other side.  I see plenty of people in the FreeBSD advocacy
trenches, alive and miraculously un-holed for people who've been
"shot", and one guy running rapidly away towards the rear, screaming
something about running away not being his idea at all on account of
him being very fearless and brave, it's just the damn *seargent's*
fault that yadda yadda...  Sorry, I lost it, he was moving fast and
went rapidly out of audible range. :)

- Jordan