Date:      Wed, 09 Dec 1998 15:00:26 -0800
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>
To:        Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Can we just come to a decision on IPv6 and IPSec?

This would be wonderful!

I hope it can be done..

Maybe we can get some confirmation from one of the KAME guys that
they too are serious about this and that they too are willing to
sacrifice some of their code for pieces of INRIA code, and visa versa.

A roadmap would be nice..
Maybe starting with an estimate on when .h files might be made
compatible.

julian

Ollivier Robert wrote:

> According to Jordan K. Hubbard:
> > This fence rail is pointy and cold and I think we're all going to come
> > down with an embarrassing medical condition if we keep sitting on it.
>
> I just got a mail from Francis -- he's at the IETF with also the KAME
> developpers -- and he said they've decided to write a unified version of
> the IPv6 stack.
>
> I don't have more details for the moment but if it gets done, it would
> solve our problems...

[...]

Translation: