Date:      Mon, 5 Aug 1996 22:25:36 +0200 (SAT)
From:      Khetan Gajjar <khetan@iafrica.com>
To:        Mike <flaq@synwork.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: I am under attack, need to restrict network

On Sun, 4 Aug 1996, Mike wrote:

>Ok, got it compiled and installed.  What services should be wrapped?
>telnet, finger, ftp...what else?

I wrap ftp, telnet, rsh, login, and finger. I disallow rexec, and don't
wrap ntalkd. I find that this works quite well, except for idiots who
can't read - I block the access with a twist, displaying a message to the
effect of "go away, you're not allowed" ;-)

---
Khetan Gajjar	       [ http://www.iafrica.com/~khetan  ]
UUNet Internet Africa  [ 0800-030-002 & help@iafrica.com ]
Get rid of Telkom....  [      http://www.ispa.org.za     ]
I'm a FreeBSD User!    [      http://www.freebsd.org     ]
Any opinions stated in this message are personal.
UIA's official policy may not be reflected in this message.